Kenya peagants from all other events ( Miss Universe, Miss International, Miss Africa USA, Miss Africa UK, Miss Tourism Kenya…etc)
Miss World Kenya has 1 registered users
Get To Hear From Them
Cecilia Mwangi,HSC Profile
Cecilia Mwangi is a BSc. in Computer Technolgy graduate from Jomo Kenyatta University of Agriculture and Technology. I also represented Kenya in the Miss World in China in the year 2005. My passion since when I was a little girl was to become an engineer and I also fancied being a crowned beauty. I’m a go getter and believe in working hard to achieve.
In January 2007 while at a celebrity workshop, one person mentioned about the plight of jiggers in their village and everyone laughed about it and went on with their normal routine, I followed up and contacted the gentleman who led me to the village he was talking about. From what I saw in that village I decided to use my beauty for the purpose of voicing the jigger problem that had tormented many children and elderly people.
- Creating jigger infestation awareness in Kenya, Uganda and Tanzania.
- Registering over 2.6 million jigger infested Kenyans.
- Rehabilitation and empowerment of over 200,000 recovered patients.
- Provision of treatment and medication to over 300,000 patients.
- Opening 42 jigger help centers in Kenya 1 in Uganda and 1in Tanzania.
- Rescuing and referring sever jigger infestation to different hospitals.
- Initiating bee-keeping and Banana planting projects to generate income and break poverty cycle.
- Creating partnership with all stakeholders including the government and private sector.
- Head of state commendation (HSC)-President of the Republic of Kenya 2009.
- London 2010 Olympic torchbearer- Samsung
- Global leadership and Management Award 2009-USAID
- Woswa Young Achievers Award 2009-WOSWA
- Humanitarian of the Year Award 2009-Laico Regency
- Distinguished Alumni Service Award 2009-JKUAT
- Volunteer of the year Award 2010(COSA)
- Pure and Nature Award –BIDCO 2010
- International African MDG’s Achiever’s Award 2011-AFIA
- Community Children’s Award 2011- Children’s media Award
- Lack of political goodwill-
- Lack of financial Support-
- Stigma on the jigger infested persons
My Personal Strengths and Weaknesses
I am a go getter and like to take challenges, this boosted me while I was in campus undertaking my computer Engineering course as we were only 3 ladies out of 19 gentlemen I believe women are not lesser beings than men hence there is no male career and a female career. This strength also helped me while I was articulating the jigger menace issue in 2007, many leaders and professionals thought I was embarrassing Kenya when I spoke about the jigger menace. I overcame a lot of resistance but I persisted to address the problem because I knew it was a reality that we had jigger infested people and it is only by talking and acting this will help them.
My weakness is also my strength, I always have a smiley look and it takes time for me to get angry so people tend to take advantage of this character.
MY INSPIRATIONS TO YOUNG GIRLS
I will advise the young girls to hold onto their dreams and work hard to achieve them. The distance between their dream and goal is hard work and be very prayerful. The Lord awards everything you put in prayer.
Student at the United States International University studying Journalism and Criminal Justice.
She was hailed locally as the one responsible for ‘Bringing back the Glam’ and restoring Class into the Kenyan Beauty pageant Industry.
Bata Brand Ambassador
She was then named Bata Shoe Company Brand Ambassador for The Bata Miss World Kenya collection that was launched at a colorful cocktail on the evening of 9th February 2012.The event was held at Laico Regency and was attended by Bata sales staff and the management, led by the MD Mr. Nasir Rafique. Invited guests consisted of Bata customers and dealers from Kenya and East Africa. The guest of honour was His Excellency the vice president of the republic of Kenya Mr. Stephen Kalonzo Musyoka.
The Vera O. Foundation
Motivated by the memory of her Mother, Susan founded ‘The Vera O. Foundation’ to sensitize on blood cancer. The objective is to create awareness on this type of cancer Key action points include visiting different hospitals and raising funds for those who cannot raise funds for treatment.
Dettol Hand Washing Champion (Alongside Julie Gichuru)
Africa Heart Associates
Occupation: completed my course in food and beverage.
Interest: I love cooking, and running.
1) In 2013 Miss World Competition which was held in Indonesia, Kenya I was among top thirty in the world. I also raised Ksh. 22,000,000 during a charity event. These proceeds are given to a charity of Miss World’s choice.
2) Emerged 2nd in selling my gift for the charity auction and sold it for 22 million.
3) was part and parcel of celebrating 7 days of Christmas at Kenyatta Hospital.
4) Was the goodwill ambassador of cancer, during the cancer awareness day
5) participated in the First Lady marathon, by celebrating with her and others for a good cause
She represented Kenya in the year 2010 at Miss World Competition held in Sanya – China and won the prestigious “Beauty with Purpose Crown”
Miss World pageant Part time student and Moi University. Currently working at African Leadership Network. Also business lady; imports and sells jewelry from Australia
In 2003, Janet Mulei (then, Kibugu) became the first to hold the Miss World Kenya title under the Ashleys Umbrella, barely a month after her eighteenth birthday. During her reign, she represented Kenya at the Miss World pageant in China and returned to put her title to good use. Staying true to her passion for humanity and love for children, she spent the year visiting and understanding the care of underprivileged children in Kenya.
In 2009, Janet established Diamond Junior School where she and her staff nurture students into responsible, wholesome members of society. She also introduced a Vacation Bible School program in 2012 that has also seen hundreds of Children’s lives positively transformed.
An advocate of the High Court of Kenya, Janet is married to Kevin Mulei, Managing Director of MoSound Events and Founder of Groove Awards. Together, they are blessed with two beautiful children, Mumo (3) and Vinya (2).
- Represented Kenya in the 58th Annual Miss World contest, South Africa, 2008: Attained the position of Top 4 out of the 109 contestants in the Beauty with a purpose category, which highlights the charity work carried out by the contestant in her home country
- GIRL CHILD NETWORK:
- Partnered with the Girl Child Network to provide much needed sanitary towels to the girls in the Brain House School, July 2008- November 2008
- PAMOJA YOUTH GROUP: Raised funds for the Internally Displaced People during the Post-Election violence that in Kenya in 2008
- UN-HABITAT. Worked with UN-HABITAT in organizing the International youth day, Nairobi, Uhuru Park, 2008
Aims and Achievemnets:
- Geared towards celebrating the youth
- Educated them on the importance of being productive members of society
- Implored them to find creative forums in which they can productively apply their efforts
- Undertook 91 hours of community service at the Kenya Children’s Home (Thomas Barnados Home) in Nairobi, Jan 10th 2011- March 30th 2011
- FREEDOM FROM FISTULA FOUNDATION– Partnerd with the Freedom from Fistula Foundation in their campaign aimed at creating awareness in Kenya about the Fistula condition affecting women, April 2009- 2011
- JCC TEENS CHURCH – Works with the youth as a mentor and leader and facilitator of ‘life by Design’ youth mentorship programme geared towards transforming the minds of the youth through knowledge and helping them have a God-centered understanding of their lives. 2012 -2014
- MAKEUP BY RUTHIE COSMETICS – Founder and CEO of Makeup by Ruthie Cosmetics. This is a cosmetic company dedicated to providing the highest quality makeup products that will ensure every woman looks and feels her very best. Founded in 2013
Profession: Head of Marketing, Mtech Ltd
Entrepreneur, Ceo and Founder Ellah by Fiona Konchellah, a design house that caters to both men and women’s clothing. The brand produces all items locally.
Charity Work: Masai Mara Marathon, this is an entity that is owned by the Konchellah family. All proceeds of this Marathon go towards education in Narok County. Making the dreams of young ones come alive through education. This year will serve as the 6th Edition and all this is through our title sponsor Kenya Airways.
Interests: Tennis, Yoga, Traveling, swimming, reading