- All male applicants should be between the ages of 18 and 25
- All female applicants should be between the ages of 18 and 24
- Be a Kenyan citizen, in possession of a valid Kenyan ID or passport.
- Not be married and never have been legally married
- Never have given birth and not be pregnant.
- Not have any tattoos, traditional markings or scars
- Be taller than 168cm and must have bust size of 32 feet, waist 28 feet and hips 32 feet.
- Have near perfect dental formulae and flawless skin.
- Not be in a contract with any modelling agency for the period leading up to the event.
- Never have been convicted of a felony crime.
- Be willing to be Miss World Kenya and realize what this entails and be available to fulfill all job responsibilities and time commitments set forth by the pageant.
- Conduct herself in a lady-like manner and portray high moral standards.
The Selection Criteria
- Firstly, women are invited to attend an audition, which are held in centres throughout Kenya. Here they fill a formal application and meet the scouting team who have received a definitive brief from the event organisers.24 of these women who excel at this level become semi-finalists and are invited to what will be known as the Miss World Kenya house. These 24 finalists go on to compete in weekly challenges for a place in the top 12. The weekly challenges set by the event organiser will be part of a six (6) part series aired on National TV. Viewers will then get a chance to vote for their favourite contestant.This process will then culminate in the final LIVE show on National TV, on a previously announced date, where the winner will be announced.
Miss World Kenya Rules
- Rules of the Miss World pageants are applicable to all Miss World Kenya entrants.
- The Miss World Kenya Pageant committee and promoters reserve the right to bar any contestant who they feel will bring the organisation to disrepute.
- Any false information will be grounds for disqualification.
- Miss World Kenya will be obligated to participate in the Miss World Contest 2010.
- The title holder will, for the duration of her reign, have her schedule managed by the Miss World Kenya organisation and will perform the tasks assigned to her by the promoters of the pageant. This means that any previous engagements including tertiary education will have to be put on hold for the duration of her reign.
- The winner must note that during her reign she will make appearances and be involved with reputable charities either free of charge or for a nominal fee as per demands of the occasion.
- The judges’ decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- All Miss World Kenya finalists will be required to perform a limited number of engagements. She will therefore not be eligible to enter another national competition except with the written permission from the organisers.
- The criteria set out above are in accordance with international pageant requirements.